Monday, 4 August 2003

life and growth

adorable grass monster

I’ve walked by these critters on sale a zillion times but never thought of getting one. And then suddenly, last Thursday, I bought this cute hippo-shaped one from Majestic for $4 and it’s now growing quickly and beautifully.

They call it an “adorable grass monster”, and there’s something mysteriously nice about seeing something alive and growing, even if it’s just a plant, or grass for this matter. Especially if one’s own life appears rather stagnant at this point.. in one way or other.. maybe it’s like I can vicariously grow along with it.. I don’t know… as they say, the only indication that something is alive is when it actually shows that it is growing.. I always ask myself this too: Am I growing as a human being? Or is my life stagnant and wasting away..?

as my life's pace comes to a slowdown, i watch something grow to remind myself that i'm still alive..

No comments: