Wednesday, 20 August 2003

comedy of misfortunes

today was a day of funny misfortunes.

first, i woke up in the morning with a sore irritated (infected?) left eye from the night before, probably from too much time spent in front of the computer as well as atmospheric dust. red and sore with clear reddish veins running all over my eyeball. no good.

decided to wear my glasses to school instead.

but just five minutes after trooping out of my front door in a hurry, one of the spectacle lenses fell out.

fortunately (and this is really fortunate), i had my pair of contact lenses with me and managed to put the one for my right eye in.

half-blind. but at least i could still see.

then midway through the day, while walking to a lecture theatre for a briefing, the sole of my right shoe fell completely off. suddenly.

fortunately (and this is again really fortunate), there was a random bazaar in school and these chaps were selling funky sneakers at one of the bazaar stalls. some brand from China but surprisingly well-designed and at half price. these two chaps showed me a pic of NBA star Yao Ming wearing it and tipping a basketball into a net.

wow, maybe i should start playing basketball. good buy. very pleased.

rest of day went pretty ok, except that the lecturer training us for English teaching thought my suggestion of using Little Red Riding Hood for teaching Reading to Secondary 2 students was a good idea but a tad bit unrealistic for a 20 min lesson. He felt it probably would take me one full hour, so i can't use it for teaching the bunch of kids this Saturday.

I like Little Red Riding Hood but I guess it is more important to be realistic. Bye bye Reddie..

have to head home now to rest my poor overtaxed eyeballs.

no computer for a while.. must be because of unlimited broadband... evil. very evil.

No comments: