Tuesday, 2 September 2003

again.. again again...

there are doctors and there are doctors..

my usual (umm..) eye doctor was off today for my fifth hospital visit and i got this pretty multilingual female eye doctor instead. she was really encouraging and told me, with a friendly laugh, that my eye was not going to "blow up"..

now, you must be wondering why i ever thought something so morbid...

yes, because those were the EXACT words used by this other doctor who saw me yesterday!!

with a grim look on her face, this was how our conversation went (verbatim):

Doc: Your eye may "blow up".
Me: Huh? What dur yur mean?? (shocked)
Doc: Perforate. Your eyeball may perforate. If that happens, you can be blind!
Me: What?? (look of disbelief and grief)
Doc: I need to see you again really really soon.
Me: Tomorrow? (grim anguished look - still in denial)
Doc: If you suddenly experience severe pain, just come straight back. Doesn't mattter what time. 2 am, whatever. Go to A&E.
Me: oh... (dumbstruck).. ok...

I was in grief and terror the whole of yesterday. Absolute terror, waiting for my eye to "blow up".

today's diagnosis was more of "it looks good. nothing is happening, which is good..".. phew!!!

and i just realised, while i was walking back just now, that i wasn't being fair to my body in my blog entry yesterday. maybe the bug really is vicious and my body is already doing a great job keeping it from getting any worse.. sorry body.. :| ... and also to the medication. I was wondering out loud to my sister why my eyedrops and eyelotion Ciprofloxacin wasn't working, when a tablet form of it helped me the last time i got sick on my South American trip.

the doctor just told me that Ciprofloxacin appears to be the only drug that was actually doing anything..

:) i'm feeling better today.. my mood at least..

let me share a mid-autumn snack with you.. :) piglet - scanner photography

No comments: