Thursday, 31 January 2002

Just got a call from this "timeshare holiday" salesman saying that I (and another 249 lucky people who did a survey last year - err..oh please!... since when??) have won "Free Holidays For Two" to I-can't-remember-where. durrhh?? these people are so incredibly pesky and he kept pestering me to commit myself to a 1 and a 1/2 hour presentation on time-share holidays.. very suspicious.. but (just for the heck of it) am actually quite curious to know how they sell it - I'm always quite amazed by how incredibly surreal these hard-sell salespeople make you feel as they talk to you... they are like Info-mmercials come alive, going on and on in front of you even when you show the most bored, disgusted, annoyed, PMS-ed look. Where did they learn to talk like that??

Them: Miss, got time or not? (flashes fake million-dollar smile)
Me: No. (looking really sian)
Them: Won't take up much of your time.
Me: No. (avoiding eye contact)
Them: We have here this product hor, you find in shopping centre...
Me: (you give an incredulous look)
Them: selling for $49.99! Today here, just for today, we are having a special promotion. Instead of $49.99, we are selling you for only $9.99!! I am not joking! You can check with Metro and Robinsons! And if you buy today, we also give you this extra thing free!
Me: Thank you. But I am not interested.
Them: Take a look at it lah. You dowan to miss out on this...
Me: I AM NOT INTERESTED IN IT!!
Them: err... ok hor (slightly shocked).. thank you.. (colgate smile instantly vanishes and walks out robotically)..

I sometimes even imagine they are actually mechanical people, run on batteries...

No comments: