Friday, 4 January 2002

Finally bought a copy of JB Jeyaretnam’s “Make It Right For Singapore” yesterday from him selling it outside Centrepoint. Decided to buy it cos have been really curious about it since the first time I saw it being sold a long time ago and also because he and his assistant were shouting “Last Copy! Last Copy!” and being Singaporean I just couldn’t walk away like that… our conversation went:

Me: Is this really the last copy? (one must be sure, you see..)
Mr Jeyaretnam: Yes, it is (showing me his empty bag. his assistant did the same)
Me: I see… I’ll have it then… will you sign it for me please?
Mr J: Of course.. all my copies are signed (he takes out his pen and starts writing in it)
Me: How do I contact you if I want to ask some questions? Do you have an email address inside?
Mr J: umm…. No.. but you can contact me using this number (he proceeds to write his number in the book.. gulp!! :P)
Me: Is this book biased? (lowering my voice and saying in a mock-innocent way)
Mr J: (Raising his voice a few notches) Of course it is biased! It is VERY biased!! Hahaha…it is biased, and if you want the Truth, the truth can be found with the PAP
Me: hahaha… thank you then.. (taking the book from him) guess you all can go home now...
Mr J: You can read about how the PAP….. (his voice trailed off as he started to mumble to himself and I continued to walk towards Breadtalk to get my favourite Flossies…)
Me: Thank You.. thank you…
Mr J: ….. (mumble mumble… what a strange man..)

No comments: