Wednesday, 9 January 2002

Birthday celebrations yesterday ended with a bang! Had the best dinner of my life (so far) at The Tavern – this Swiss/Mediterranean restaurant along River Valley Rd – trying out all these gourmet stuff I’ve only (until now) read about. Starters were Foie Gras (pan-fried Goose Liver) and Oysters (both cholesterol-laden delicacies but equally worth dying for!! ok.. I exaggerate..). We then had the US Niman Rib-Eye steak (supposedly the highest “melt-in-the-mouth” quality -sold by every 10g) and Fried Cod – also really yummy!! – downed with this Italian red wine the excitable waiter recommended. Ended dinner with this Swiss desert Coupe Neselrode that came looking like fried spaghetti (chestnut puree) with meringue, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. Yum Yum!!! :) :) :) :) Yum Yum…

Birthday loot for this year: An Eagle Creek Matrix Neon (Ne) bag (perfect for carrying notes to my lectures! Thanks alb! I love it!), a Basic Techniques for Painting Texture In Watercolour book & a Polymer Clay – The Weekend Crafter book (from my dearest pals from RGS :) thanks gals!), a funky Pop Quartz watch with a really cool but “impossible-to-wear-by-yourself” strap (thanks HM! :)), a “Huiling Poem” (: p thanks Mich!), an ORDNING&REDA glossy notebook with an innocent-looking cat on the cover (great for me to “pen my thoughts, sketch, let my creative juices flow..” thanks SA! :)), “Jelly T-Lights” (from Sarah) and a stream of sms & phone birthday greeting throughout my (otherwise really stressful ‘cos office computer hard drive crashed) day. Thanks Everyone!! Love You All!!

Btw, it has finally happened… an album dedicated to my Buttercup paraphernalia!! Wahahahah….!!! :O

No comments: