Monday, 20 May 2002

this article on cancer-causing acrylamide in some of my favourite foods really caused me to freak out and drop my dinnerware.. apparently, a bunch of renowned scientists announced yesterday that many fried, baked and processed foods (including my favourite potato chips and fried chicken, as well as grilled, roasted and barbecued food) contain acrylamide, which is said to cause cancer, damage the nervous system and affect fertility!

Lynn! get those Walker's crisps from your cupboard and toss them out!! :O the ready-salted ones contained 1,270 ppb of acrylamide - 127 times higher than what is permitted!!

it really stresses me out not knowing what is safe out there to eat anymore... over dinner just now, my nurse sis (who knows all about organic foods, strange diseases and other such stuff) was feaking me out further by saying how i should peel my fruits and wash my vegetables thoroughly to get rid of pesticides and waxy shiney stuff on apples...

i think i really need to detox..

dramatic skies in singapore

No comments: