Sunday, 5 May 2002

A quick run-down on what we manage to accomplish in the one week...

-eating places – belgos (1kg of mussels in olive oil, cream and white wine sauce), wagamama (kare lomen), mandarin kitchen (for the yummy lobster noodles and scallops), royal china (very popular - very crowded dimsum place), some Italian, some Indian, and loads of my favourite full english breakfasts (sausage, bacon, egg, beans, mushroom and toast).. yum yum…

-museums – brit museum, v&a, tate modern, natural history, national gallery, national portrait gallery

-sights– st pancras, big ben & westminister abbey, houses of parliament, st james’s park, green park, leicester sq, trafalgar sq, st paul’s cathedral, tower bridge

-markets & shopping – camden, petticoat, regent st, harrods, tottenham court rd and oxford st with their wonderful lifestyle and paper and craft and electronic shops, charring cross for the wonderful bookstores

-exhibitions koeperwelten (bodyworlds).. mindblowingly amazing.…

-nostalgic places – my hall of residence in London (where I stayed in my first and third year), the apartment I shared with a couple of great friends in my second year, the safeway supermarket I always shopped at, uol union (where I did all my dive training), lse, the giant corner bookstore off gower st, all souls church..

quite a bit for a week huh? :)

No comments: