Sunday, 12 May 2002

not one to watch my calories nor my waistline, i did not realise the amount of unhealthy stuff i had been pumping into my body since i got caught up recently in a hundred and one things..exams, trip, work...the usual.. too much coffee, fatty red meats and McDonalds, Old Chang Kee curry puffs, starbuck mocha coffees, cholesterol-laden seafoods, chocolates, fried foods... the usual stuff that makes one grow fat and sluggish... the negative mood foods... at the same time, i stopped all forms of exercise, even simple crunches at night.....

the downside? i was highly irritable (from the weather, from long queues, from bad drivers, from silly pranks of others etc etc..), i found myself tired and breathless just from climbing bukit timah hill (yesterday), i slept more but less deeply (i used to sleep dead like a log), i found myself suffering from all sorts of strange physical ailments (like my stuck eardrum, headaches, stomachaches..), i couldn't focus on my work as well as i could, my short-term memory was weak... and i found it hard to keep to commitments i made...

which irritated me even more...

ironically, i use only Premium Petrol in my car and yet i feed myself trash... i am determined to start eating properly.. more water, more fruits and veges, and maybe get red meat out of my diet as much as i can.. "detox" in a sort of way...

No comments: