Sunday, 11 November 2001

on a slight high now cos good friend Lynn from London just called me this morning! We spoke and bantered for almost an hour - catching up. Realised how nice it is to have someone of the same wavelength to chat with on almost anything - really missed that since she left :)

a second day of gastronomic indulgence is beginning to take its toil on me. Had one-pair-of-chopsticks rating Joo Chiat Bak Kut Teh for lunch and ordered additional side dishes of pig's trotters, salted veg and dough fritters. By the end of the meal, I was so stuffed that I could hardly walk.. still I staggered to nearby minimalist decor Awfully Chocolate - The Cake Shop - thinking I could stare at the chocolate cakes in the window (even if I don't eat them) - of which there was none - very Zen-like decor.. you are supposed to, I guess, imagine the cakes? :p Anyhow, ended up driving to another Makansutra-recommended stall at 86 East Coast Rd (Katong Village) for Teh Tarik.. I am becoming a glutton.. Desperatedly drinking plain water and Jap Green Tea trying to speed up digestion now and still feel the greasiness.. contemplating switching to a full fruit-and-vege detox diet for the next two days...

went for two games of bowling (the first time in a blue moon) at Katong bowl after that - too hot for any outdoor sports - and bowled embarrassingly badly.. :p Bowling is really hard.. you are supposed to spin the ball or something and when it reaches the end of the lane, it is supposed to turn back by itself cos the lane is (I think) rougher or something like that.. don't know.. can't figure out.. but I did manage to get a strike and a couple of spares! Not bad, huh? ;-)

alb & I went for a treasure hunt with his GPS device today after he discovered this online thing called GeoCache. This is basically a game where anyone registered can provide some coordinates - which can be anywhere in the world - for other GPS device owners and when you find the location with your GPS device, there is supposed to be a "prize" there (unless someone has already removed it). The first was in Botanical Gardens (which was already in darkness by the time we were there) and the other was along Sixth Avenue (which was even darker when we got there)..couldn't find anything and he sprained and cut his anke tripping over some steps.. our first GeoCache failure.. we are shattered...

am reading Bridget Jones's Diary now and infusing my head with new and unsavoury vocabulary (such as emotional f***wittage)... but the book is hilarious! I'm putting aside Lord Of The Rings and Head Strong to indulge in it for a while.. haha...

No comments: