Wednesday, 14 November 2001

Arts Central's Blue Planet is the most amazing documentary I've ever seen!!! I've just caught Episode 2 on "The Deep" (filmed some 4000m below sea level near the Mid-Atlantic Ridge) and they featured all these really weird-looking creatures that could easily have stepped out of a sci-fi movie! Some were transparent, some had antennae.. there was even an octopus with flappy dumbo wings, sea cucumbers that could swim around, and all these shrimps giving off blinking ultra-cool blue lights (called bio-luminous)!! I don't know about you, but I'm definitely going to catch as many episodes as I can. :)

was arguing during dinner with alb on where the position of the human stomach is (relative to the heart and lungs and rib cage) and suddenly realised my knowledge on human anatomy is zilch! In fact, I even forgot entirely about the existence of intestines and the bladder and was rather convinced our organs are stacked up one on top of the other, with no overlaps.. Did a quick search of the net just now and am bursting with an information overload now - just stick to this portal if you need answers like me. If you want to feel like you are in Med School, check out Gray’s Anatomy of the Human Body!! Wah.. so ambitious!! : p

No comments: