Thursday, 22 November 2001

just had a vaccination jab for typhoid fever and took a blood sample (my blood refused to flow out of my veins!!) to test if I have natural immunity against hepatitis A. Arm is aching so much now i can hardly type.. :( ... I HATE INJECTIONS!!! ):O Read on the web about this one girl somewhere whose whole arm turned blue when she took a vaccination jab for something - eeks!.... Apparently, according to Sis, there are some people in Australia who are so opposed to mandatory vaccination of children that they have set up a society against that. In Australia, if you don't vaccinate your child, you will be left out of the education system or something like that. But check out this coherent argument given by this certain Australian doctor, Viera Scheibner, against vaccination. She maintains that injecting vaccines throws the body´s own immune defenses out of the game and proves that babies in fact feel tremendous stress when given vaccination jabs.. wow, makes you really think twice about vaccinating yourself.. In fact, check out these many other studies that link social violence and criminal behaviour to childhood vaccinations! But I guess kiasu Singaporeans are not likely to ever say no to a public (free/subsidised) programme like that.. I mean, can you imagine your mother writing to the Ministry of Health and saying no? It's more likely that she would say - "Better go and take. Otherwise next time have to pay!" Apathetic? Or just plain ignorant? I don't know...

can't type anymore.. my arm really hurts..bye bye for now..

No comments: