Tuesday, 13 November 2001

ahhhh!! : O I've lost my POSB ATM card!! Yet another blunder from yesterday - discovered only 20 mins ago! Started imagining someone drawing money out of my account even though i don't actually leave any records of it anywhere (and it is also not my birthday, his birthday, my dog's birthday, my car no., my parent's wedding anniversary etc etc - you know what I mean lah..) - anyway, just checked with the bank, no more transactions since the $950 cash deposit I put in yesterday before I accidentally left the card in the Auto-Cash Deposit Machine. Phew!

Actually, thinking about it, I think this is an evil (but cleverly disguised to avoid legal implications) ploy by DBS/POSB in order to cause people to lose their ATM cards so that they can earn from the $3 replacement fee.. Let me explain.. You see, all the POSB/DBS ATMs always have the "$1000 Fast Cash Withdrawal" touch-screen button placed way-too-close next to the "Other Amounts" button. So inevitably, we will always (due to parallax error) accidentally select it instead of the latter, ending up with like 10 times the amount of money we need. We will then by forced to trot over to the cash deposit machine to put it all back (which was what I did yesterday) and, for some unexplicable reason, this machine works differently. It doesn't prompt you to take back your ATM card after the transaction. You will then, if you are as confused as me, frequently forget to collect it. This is how they end up earning $3 from you! For replacing the card! (They don't make ATM machines work like that because there will then be too many complaints.. so they only do it for the cash deposit machines)..

Wicked hor?? hhmph!

No comments: