Monday, 25 February 2002

spent most of yesterday getting rid of vicious Trojan Sircam A virus/worm from all three of my office computers (all three got infected because all of them share drives freely - which alb tells me is really silly and should never be done :p) - quite a challenge 'cos when you remove the virus from one computer, it quickly gets infected again by the other computers which are still attached to it.. Was almost in tears in the midst of fighting bug 'cos started to be in despair, especially at the stage when I casually removed the sircam.exe file (with the help of Norton Antivirus) and then realised the vicious bug had designed itself to run before you can run all other applications so if you remove it, you can't run anything at all! :O (see yesterday story) . But finally won the battle anyway with alb's help (had to call him even though he was in the midst of watching Collateral Damage and he sweetly came to my rescue - phew!) - computers are now all clean and protected.. :)

Nonetheless, fighting this bug and growing to hate it more and more as I did gave me an exciting business idea... Imagine you hate your ex and you want to do the most horrible thing to him/her. I come along and offer you this service of designing a fully customizable virus that I will have you officially launch into the world. The virus will be named after your ex (for example, the John virus or the Susan virus). The virus will then spread all around the world and soon everyone will hate your ex too.. :O... gee.. so vicious.. hope no one really comes up with that....

my illness and grogginess is making me come up with such random and evil ideas...

No comments: