Wednesday, 6 February 2002

got a Kogeban handphone accessory today and suddenly realised how amazingly enduring some of these Japanese cartoon icons are... it's just "Burnt Bread" after all!! :O

have been absolutely hooked on Robert Kiyosaki's best-selling "Rich Dad Poor Dad" - about managing your personal finances - for the past week. Quite intriguing.. really got me rethinking about my spending habits. He advocates buying only Assets if we can (assets being things that can help to make money for us - not "desire goods" such as the latest gadgets, newer cars etc - really like a corporate way of thinking). He says that many people mistake Liabilities and Expenses for "Assets" and end up in debt or struggling with their finances all their life (e.g a car and even a big expensive house). Went shopping today and kept thinking about what he wrote and ended up in the end only buying two CDs - Paul Oakenfold's Tranceport and the Lagaan VCD - both of which I have wanted to buy for a long time (at least 6 months to more than a year!) and the cost falls within the budget allowed by my little "windfall" income I got just today from helping someone do something last month.. :) .. looks like i just might be able to "balance my books" for once if I follow his advice closely.. let's see how..

No comments: