Thursday, 7 February 2002

Cool blue LCD screen on my 8250 just blanked out yesterday, out of the … err.. blue (no pun intended :p)! Couldn’t read my sms, use caller id or check missed calls – very annoying – and had to rely on my memory of the exact number of presses to get to each phone function. After a whole day of practice, believe I am now able to do the following blindfolded: check voicemail, switch phone to silent mode, turn on and off phone, call familiar numbers and even sms (with a lot of errors lah) simple messages… haha.. found out this “blanking-out” problem is quite common with Nokia 8250.. aiyah.. so inconvenient… got to try to bring down to Nokia Care Center today..

Mktg mgmt lecturer was reminding us to read “Rich Dad Poor Dad” again yesterday at the lecture (I’m at Chapter Eight already anyway :). He said something casually to the class that made me sit up and really think about it hard and long for the rest of the evening.. This was what he said:

“I can predict your future by just knowing two things about you. The type and number of books you read; and the type of friends that you keep.”

Sounds really true. It seems like many of us subconsciously take on the philosophy of what we read and study; and the values, attitudes and behaviours of the people we hang out with. Summarising, I think it is only correct to say that, as “You are (physically) what you eat”, we are also “(philosophically) what we read” and “(psychologically) who we keep as friends”. But wonder what it reveals about me since I read everything from Dilbert to Khalil Gibran to Ancient Histories of Egypt/Greece/China to books on art, architecture, spicy food, travel, photography, personal financial mgmt, biographies & autobiographies, photoshop, national geog, fiction, classics etc..quite random.. and occasionally (though very rarely..:p) Her World!!! :O

No comments: