Sunday, 3 March 2002

Went for very minimalist lomo exhibition at Atelier Frank and Lee Contemporary Art Gallery last Thursday – organized by Lomographic Society Singapore. Exhibited shots were taken over nine nights by a bunch of kompact lomo-wielding photographers “walking that labyrinthine night of Singapore” displayed in old Perankan shophouse with huge rainwater-airwell – quite interesting.. super-saturated “arty-looking” (i.e. blurry/distorted but in a pleasant sort of way) pics look even more amazing pieced together on the stark white wall in a kind of random jigsaw puzzle. Just might buy the Lomo Kompact after all if I ever manage to save up for it.. : p – don’t our material appetites ever get satisfied?

Finally started sort-of studying for exams yesterday, spending 3 hours at the freezing cold SIM library going through my notes– realised my built-in “kiasu Singaporean” state of mind had kicked in after I woke up every morning thinking about the exams and about not having past exam papers. Studying in a cold cubicle in a quiet library just reminds me of my University days, my JC days and all the other times I studied in the past. Realised I actually like studying. Don’t like exams. Just like studying. Why don’t they let people like us have exemptions and just do projects instead? :| … I wouldn’t mind…

Check out my new Oakleys!! And see how they cleverly reflects McDonald’s in their lenses! :) - yay! Managed to wait till I got this month’s paycheck before buying them.. not bad huh?

Watched “5 Academy-award nominee” (that’s what they are all described as now) The Shipping News yesterday starring Kevin Spacey and a bunch of other quite well-known names. Very pleasant evenly-paced movie with beautiful scenery (umm.. where’s Newfoundland?) and quite a gripping plot. Alb describes it as a movie for a relaxing Sunday afternoon after which people go home and cook a meal at home. Huh?

No comments: