Tuesday, 12 March 2002



I've finally gotten my Lomo Kompact Automat (LCA) camera (in short "lomo")!!! Welcome to lomo land :) It's so genuinely Russian Original that it even has the word "LOMO" in front of it in Cyrillic (not like the one in the picture above - see mine)!! bought it at a great bargain at this shop in Orchard Plaza (grubby-smelling building right next to where I work) and it has apparently been sitting in the window for quite a while since "a Russian" sold it to the shop owner "quite some time ago". the guy obviously doesn't know how much it is worth in the market (i.e. $330 - if you buy it from the Lomographic Society of Singapore) and I got it for a fabulous $150!!! It's in perfect working condition!! :D he was a bit surprised when i finally told him how much the Vienna-made one sells for! now i have two lomo cameras - this and the one i bought in Sept last year! i think i am obsessed with cameras - i have one slr, two compacts, two polariods, one digital and now two lomos!! :O

think i will probably be bringing just my new lomo and my slr to london.. yes!! i'll finally be going back to london after 5 years! (if all things turn out as planned)... i'm actually feeling a lump in my throat as i'm saying this...

:) i really love london...

No comments: