Friday, 7 May 2004

the holidays beckon...

grrr.... my somewhat gruelling (i don't exaggerate..) ten weeks of teaching practice has finally come to an end..!!

ten weeks of lesson planning, observations, reflections and waking up early to take pictures of stunning sunrises (plural?) before rushing to school.... ten weeks of singing the National Anthem and saying the National Pledge... ten weeks of mingling with angsty 17, 18 year olds in the throes of growing up and entering the adult world but who are not quite there yet ... ten weeks of canteen food... ten weeks of chalk dust and whiteboard marker stained hands...

for now, we shall not see anymore lovely sunrise at hweeling.blogspot.com for a while... waking up early will now mean waking up at 7am at most... hopefully, we can get to see more lovely sunsets overlooking even more lovely places instead.... heh heh.. i'm dreaming of a nice holiday... just sitting there, with a book, good company, a drink by my side, having good conversations... ok, you get the drift.. :) ... hopefully, i can use this month to brush up on some language skills, my photography, do some sketching or painting, start working on putting my India photo album together into something decent, work out at the gym....

got two classes of my students to give me written feedback today and was surprised most actually found me ok.. phew.. ok, not that i was perfect.. got a bunch of constructive feedback that i must definitely work on.. like talking a bit too fast.. and not being entirely clear in my explanations.. . i've actually been told by my supervisor that i ask rhetorical questions in class.. Rhetorical questions?? haha... imagine being asked a rhetorical question by your teacher who then pauses, stares at you and expects an answer.. hahaha..

but a few actually like my voice.. haha.. erhm... :).. that's quite a compliment.. shows that at least i don't sound like some comic character.. or have a particularly piercing or jarring voice... a few find me too serious and firm, a few find me too lax.. umm...

will sit at a cafe and ponder on what they say..

No comments: