Tuesday, 10 September 2002

“STORIES MAKE US more alive, more human, more courageous, more loving. Why does anybody tell a story? It does indeed have something to do with faith, faith that the universe has meaning, that our little human lives are not irrelevant, that what we choose or say or do matters, matters cosmically.”

Madeleine L’Eagle, author, The Writer (June 2002)

and hence i blog.

daniel, i completely empathize …. some days (and especially of late), it suddenly strikes me (out of the blue) that Life (with a capital ‘L’) really isn’t about being constantly amused, or constantly finding and seeking happiness… or having a good laugh (though that is important too).. of being contented...or even having a good life (“good” being relative, of course)… for me, it’s really about seeking and finding fulfillment and purpose in what i do… to have that inner glow of knowing i have made good of this short stint on earth, walked and lived well this period of time that the Great Creator granted to me (and not to, say, any of the other possible combinations of X and Y chromosomes that could otherwise have existed in my place)... but then again, it's not easy to always know what to do next and we all struggle a little in the in-between bits... it's funny that thoughts like that always strike me during a continuous and extended happy phase of my life (i.e. good food, good company, good fun etc etc).... i begin to ask myself: If the rest of my life is going to be exactly like that, would that really make me happy?

funnily enough, the honest answer is usually a 'No'..... restless creatures we all are..

No comments: