Thursday, 25 April 2002

had a really enjoyable chit-chat session with my young fresh-faced staff after work today, over relaxing cups of blended drinks at Cafe Cartel (which still smells terrible what with their poor ventilation and bad food..)..all of whom are 18 and going into university come June, July or August - depending where to.. realised I had so many stories of wisdom, travel, folklore, revelations and horror (err...:p) to share with them... and they all seemed so fascinated... I remember I was like them too.. fresh out of JC, wondering what the next couple of years would be like.. excited to face the challenges ahead and eager to embrace all the grand opportunities that I knew would appear before me in new and exciting ways.. those were the most eye-opening years for me (and maybe the most "life-changing" ones too...along the way, i also discovered in my grand search for the "Deeper Meaning of Life and Truth" that there was definitely much more than just "looking within myself" or at the material world out there... i discovered and was blessed with the knowledge of and a personal connection with the greatest source of strength, meaning and wisdom there would ever be - a personal God who has been guiding, leading and sustaining me in my life..even though i know at times there were the inevitable doubts and struggles..)... i guess i've done largely ok so far.. :) It's been 9 years since then... gulp..!

the japanese qbhouse 10-min $10 haircut concept has invaded our shores!! am going to check it out with enthusiastic friend (this 75-year-old spunky lady-customer from our shop) when i come back from london! :D how exciting!

No comments: