down with throat inflammation.. very inconvenient for a teacher...
from the web:
Sore throats are among the most common of ailments and concerns of those seeking health care. That itchy, scratchy, dry, raw feeling in the back of your throat can have many causes from a simple cold to serious infection.
- Over-the-counter pain medication.
- Drink extra fluids.
- Gargle with warm salt water.
- CHAMOMILE, taken every few hours, will ease pain and reduce inflammation. Chamomile tea is particularly effective in treating pain because of its soothing nature, and can be taken by all age groups.
- SAGE is another popular alternative medicine used in the treatment of sore throats. Sage is beneficial in treating pharyngitis and other throat pains by reducing inflammation and protecting the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat.
- GARLIC, a natural antibiotic, can be helpful in the speeding up of recovery and removal of bacteria, especially if your sore throat is caused by the flu or bacterial infection. Garlic can be taken in pill form by all age groups.
- ICELAND MOSS helps to stimulate appetite and relieve dry, scratchy throats caused by inflamed tissue. Iceland Moss is best taken in tincture form, several times daily and works well on those with sore throats brought about by the flu or respiratory disease.