Thursday, 9 October 2003

pondering & philosophising

mind {Gk. nouV [nous]; Lat. mens}
“That which thinks, reasons, perceives, wills, and feels. Philosophy of mind is concerned with explaining the characteristic features of mental events, the proper analysis of conscious experience, the relation between mind and body, and the moral status of persons.”

after a pretty intense past 3 to 4 weeks of mulling over a varied scope of matters, as well as a good half of this year spent in ad hoc deep self-pondering over some topics of great personal interest (much of it alone with my dog-eared notebook in random cafes around our little island), i think i've finally come really close to some kind of personal "enlightenment" about earthly human life.... i think i've finally figured out what (almost) everything is really about.. i shy to mention here any of them lest i drive some of you nuts and annoyed.. and besides, who am i at this (not young but not quite “sagely”) age to say that i know for sure what Life is about?

but i think i've suddenly found some clues... really eye-opening, liberating clues… and I had the good fortune of being able to bounce some of these thoughts around with a good long-time friend of mine last night, over satay and teh ping, who understood perfectly what I meant. This friend was even able to explain my feeling of “emotional detachment” over the past week before I came to my very recent “lit lightbulb” experience, and empathise with my closeted listening of Stefanie Sun’s mournful singing to relax and as a form of unplugging of my thinking.. in some ways, this friend of mine has come to some pretty similar conclusions as well, which made me realise how much more remarkable my whole enlightenment experience really is....

I think it is not inconceivable that one day, thinking so much about philosophy might just drive me mad.… grr…

anyhow, if you are interested in what I came up with, drop me a note.. I’ll try to share with you my thoughts the best way I can..

No comments: