Monday, 13 October 2003

globetrotting congee

i discovered this gem of a photo in a CD rom just now, broken up into 6 parts, taken by a good friend of mine whom I travelled with some 2 years back. We had travelled together, with another friend of ours, to this beautiful island of Flores (Indonesia) in 2001, and I got this pic in a CD Rom he gave to me in exchange for a CD rom of my own pictures from the same place.

With the new Photostitch software I got free with my recent purchase of a Canon G2, I stitched the parts together and got this..

flores

this stunning landscape is Keli Mutu - or the Three-Coloured Crater Lakes - featured once in National Geographic..

it struck me how many beautiful places i have indeed had the good fortune of seeing these past 10 years... :) ...

but not quite as many as this chap here (!) whose link was given to me by someone via email today.. this guy has certainly taken a road less travelled.. pretty impressive.. he took a year out and has so far seen 107 countries! wow..

No comments: