Tuesday, 28 October 2003

about love

Margaret Anderson said:

"In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person."

do you agree??

or from Ambrose Bierce:

"Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage."

hahaha..

but Bertrand Russell's? i like very much:

"Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
In the union of love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
But always pity brought me back to earth;
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
Of children in famine, of victims tortured
And of old people left helpless.
I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living. "


truly.. love that i cannot disagree with..

all from Love Quotes.. no, i'm not "in the mood for love".. i'm just clearing messages from my phone and i found the one on margaret anderson and thought i'll just blog it here for record. .ya, that's why..

1 comment:

Sachin Kumar said...


What a wonderful compilation of Love Quotes you have here. I really love the romantic Quotes,
and especially its captivating essence - really a superb quote. Thank you for sharing anyway, I really appreciated it.