Monday, 7 July 2003

simple friendship

yes, kai, i enjoyed our wine and pasta session last night too. :) There’s nothing like getting together with some of your best old pals for a relaxing evening just catching up with each other, finding out what’s happening, new ideas, thoughts, projects, dreams, and getting each other fired up and encouraged about possible opportunities life is presenting now and of course, comforting and supporting each other for some of life’s harsh lessons too...

No judgments whatsoever. No “I’m-better-than-you” kind of crappy attitude. No jealousy, bitchiness, useless gossiping or destructive criticisms. Just good ole “hey, what does this dream of yours mean?”, “wow, sounds like a good idea! you’ve got my support!”, “hey, what’s eating you? cheer up! you’ve got us right beside you!”, “wow, it must be tough what you’re going through.” and “hey, snap out of it.. life is good” We put our heads and hearts together and sort out some of life's tough questions.. At the end of it, good friends are really like good wine, getting better with age. And talking about wines, there’s nothing like sharing good wine with good friends.. :)

Thank you to all my dear friends out there - several of whom have made it a habit to read my blog daily – it means a lot to me :).. especially those of you who have stood by me in some of the oddest decisions, actions and giant leaps I have made in these few years of my life. You have never condemned me for how bizarre I am but have grown to love me for my quirkiness and idiosyncrasies, to support me in my goals, dreams and to encourage me gently to break my bad habits and to chide me, even if harshly, for my occasional (:p) vices and misguided moves... I thank God for friends like you. Your friendship will always be an honour and treasure to me.

No comments: