Wednesday, 25 June 2003

aint you sleeping??

a dear friend and regular reader of my blog remarked aloud to me today, “Are you sleeping at all?? Your latest blogs are all published at such unearthly hours!” she made me realise that even such minute details of my blogs are scrutinized to a certain degree… haha.. :p honestly speaking, until she mentioned it today, i have been rather oblivious to the apparent lack of sleep i must look like I am having. Reason is, although I have been clocking in no more than 5 to 6 hours of sleep daily over the past month or so (I wake up at around 9 to 9.30am – latest 10am), i have found myself none for the worse. In fact, for the first time in years, I have been waking up every day without an alarm clock, and have found my energy level consistently high throughout the day, even till nighttime.

i pondered on this pleasant situation and managed to come up with a probable conclusion: The lack of mental stress in my daily life. Although I am still pretty occupied throughout the week, these days I am mostly doing what I enjoy and am generally good at. Also, I am meeting and teaching a bunch of hyperactive kids almost everyday and their boundless energy just rubs off me, especially when I have to run after them :p

my fairly regular walking and running are helping a little as well. My guess is, when we have mental stress, even subconsciously, our muscles are tensed up and that can actually make us feel exhausted at the end of the day, whether or not we actually physically run around or have enough sleep the previous night..

ya, hope that explains my bizarre 4am postings.. wahahaha…. : p

No comments: