Sunday, 11 August 2002

had a dose of painful "chinese acu-pressure massage" today from (apparently-renowned) Dr Li (see namecard below) to get my back injury fixed "once-and-for-all" so i can go with peace of mind for my dive trip (to Pulau Perhentian) next weekend.

Right click & save for future use

traditional chinese massages can be so incredibly effective (i.e. very speedy - probably because it concentrates on the relevant "acu-points") but very very painful when it is being done (once again for the same reason). the amazing and very credible doctor squished my toes and took my pulse and figured out straight away that the root of the problem really wasn't in my back but in my neck and shoulder instead! :O from his diagnosis, i am actually really really "unhealthy", full of clotted blood all over my neck, shoulder, shin, back and even face - which he proved by letting me run my own finger over certain areas of my skin which really did feel strangely "lumpy" (like the steps of a ladder, so he said.. umm.). this unhealthiness was due to many factors, including my previous falls (from way back many years - which is probably right since i have been blading for a while), my poor stretching after my exercises, my poor posture (once again asking correctly if i used the computer a lot) etc etc... the poor blood circulation was the main reason why i always feel a little giddy when i get up suddenly.... how interesting...

he also gave me a prescription (see below) which i am supposed to bring to a chinese medical hall to collect the relevant herbs to boil with slices of ginger... wahh... very traditional indeed, can almost imagine my mother bent double over a crockpot placed over charcoal fire, fanning it with one of those traditional chinese fans and then pouring the super bitter and blackish liquid into a chinese bowl (with dragon motifs) and bringing it to a very ailing me lying in bed... hahaha... :D



oh well....

No comments: