Tuesday, 16 July 2002

there's something about studying what i'm studying now (i.e. Grad Dip in Business Admin) that keeps making me mentally extrapolate and translate what i learn about running a business into how i should be living my own life..

for example, learning about Strategy Management (i.e. how a business sets about stating the organisation's long-term vision and mission and how it goes about achieving it) sets me thinking about what my life vision is and how i want my life to be lived in order to achieve this vision...

learning about knowledge workers in Strategic Info Management keeps me thinking about how i should keep myself abreast of info and whether i am making a living using my mind or if i am just merely "turning the cogwheel in a factory" - filling a gap in the workflow rather than achieving anything lasting and significant...

and the latest intense ('cos it is really very technical, what with all these TCP/IP and what-nots) study of how traditional businesses transform themselves into "E-businesses" under the E-commerce Module, with this interesting diagram of a business at its current "As-Is" (traditional brick-and-mortar) state and then at its "To-Be" (full-fledged e-biz) state and the amount of changes that have to be made to move from one to the other, made me think about the amount of "in-between" work and the long (though not uninteresting) journey before one can reach a state of "excellence" in personal success...

either i'm not really paying attention in class or i really understand the concepts well and can already apply them... :p oh well.... whatever...

No comments: