Monday, 24 September 2001

Your depression will not outlast the universe.
- Taken from "Sweet Dreams" by Haresh Sharma

Read this excerpt by Alvin Tan, founder and artistic director of The Necessary Stage. Worth seriously reflecting over. Get on with your lives, my friends! As they say in Richard Leider's book, Lighten Your Load For The Rest of Your Life!

What Alvin said is reproduced below:

"Someone recently reminded me not to take things too seriously in life. I felt confronted, realising that lately I am unable to do just that. Just about everything seems to be weighed down with some form of angst; falling effortlessly and constantly into reflecting on accountability, duty or social responsibility. Perhaps it's because I'm the eldest, or perhaps it's my messiah complex - which an astrochart on the internet informs me. But hey, time is running out and it's foolish to postpone putting life into my remaining years.

We so easily forget when enough is enough. It's time to embrace the dictum that if it is not meant to be, so be it - let go and move on. Why is there this need to intervene or to transform reality? Why kid ourselves? Why not travel light instead since we only have one life?

Abuse is an insidious thing. It does not come to us like daylight. Its deadliness is in its surreptitious nature - to creep up and possess us completely. For years I have thrived on struggling rather than going with the tide. What weighs me down is my persistence and determination. But I shall keep them and instead change my goals and lose the baggage."

btw, Lomographic Society Singapore is having Viva Lomo Villa!! I'm going!!!

No comments: