Sunday, 16 December 2001

the continued high from my trip is making me lose the rhythm of daily blogging...



watched Ocean's Eleven yesterday - huge cast of good-looking, high-profiled Hollywood stars (George Clooney, Andy Garcia, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts etc) was merely a bonus to an otherwise already well-paced, well-scripted plot. Hugely enjoyable..go see..

still feeling a little detached from everything and everyone around me and trying (yet only half-heartedly) to settle back into the rhythm of life here again..deep in my heart, I know I wish I could still be there today, swimming and boogie boarding in the crystal clear ocean and having time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast and watching the beautiful sunrise every morning. Afternoons spent taking short excursions out to neighbouring villages and national parks, taking photographs, painting, reading, writing or kayaking out to see the beautiful falcons perched in half-submerged trees in the river estuary.... it was almost effortless reconnecting with my inner creative source; and reflecting; and getting inspired by nature ... in Goa, the laid back lifestyle is reflected in the faces of the peaceful and friendly natives and the smiling, waving children... here and there, you find epitomes of timelessness: tree roots wrapped around crumbling old walls, hardened-faced cattle herders guiding huge herds of majestic white bulls with perfectly-shaped horns to watering holes, farmers tending to their rice paddies.. in fact, time often stands still here... i found a certain serenity for my usual restless self through the predictability of routines and familiar faces... if you see a guy there today, you see him again tomorrow doing pretty much the same thing... it was funny how all these actually gave me a nice meditative calm when I was there and still continue to intoxicate me now as I think about my time there....

No comments: